Hello everyone!
We are back from the 1st birthday party and as you can see
the cake turned out not too bad!
I used store bought icing that I tinted but the consistency wasn't perfect.
We are back from the 1st birthday party and as you can see
the cake turned out not too bad!
I used store bought icing that I tinted but the consistency wasn't perfect.
It was a labour of love that took a bit of time but as long as my handy dandy assistants kept replenishing the wine glass I didn't notice.

We also enjoyed some time spent away
at a friend's cottage back in Canada.
We spent a lot of time in, on, or around water.
I love being near water -ocean- lake- river- stream- it's all good!
It soothes the soul!!
Our summer vacation days are over and autumn is in the air...the cooler nights ...the lengthening shadows.
We actually do look forward to the change in seasons
...the magnificent colours ... the cozy fires!
the cake looks great! and they always take longer than expected, eh?
ReplyDeleteYour vacation looks like lots of fun. We just got back from a cabin in the NC mountains and spent lots of time in the water also.
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting my photoblog - yadkinvalleyhome. More vacation photos soon.
That cake turned out beautifully... so cute! And I admire your patience - a labour of love indeed :)
ReplyDeleteAnd your waterside break looks lovely - so true that it soothes the soul. I think Autumn arrived here this week too. Just a subtle shift but definitely a shift... I'm not sure I'm quite ready for it yet. But it doesn't wait 'til one's ready so I better get myself on board... :)